Friday, February 13, 2009

Pilot Study: Its Importance

I have just recently conducted pilot study at Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad (BMMB), Kuala Terengganu Branch involving 30 Muslims customers. To tell you the truth, I faced many difficulties in getting cooperation from respondents. Thank god, it was just 30 respondents. I asked myself, "if I face the same problems when doing the real study, how can I get 500 respondents?". You know what? 4 days for 30 respondents. To overcome the identified problems, I went to see my supervisors, Professor Muhammad Syukri Salleh and Dr. Zakaria Bahari. We had a discussion while having breakfast and now, I've got the solution. Anyway, by doing this pilot study, I manage to achieve few things, i.e (1) instrument's effectiveness, (2) applicability of research design, (3) applicability of sampling technique,(4) effectiveness of analysis techniques, (5) applicability of research questions, and etc. This pilot study is really important for me to ensure the smoothness of my real study that is expected to be done on this March 2009. So guys, don't forget to do pilot study to make sure your real study goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment